University of Houston System Information Regarding COVID-19
The UH System universities— University of Houston, University of Houston-Clear Lake, University of Houston-Downtown, University of Houston-Victoria— have implemented travel restrictions, travel reporting and self-quarantine protocols. For updates and guidelines for each university, please check these respective sites:
- University of Houston
- University of Houston-Clear Lake
- University of Houston-Downtown
- University of Houston-Victoria
Prevention continues to be the best protection. This includes staying home when you are sick, which cannot be emphasized enough.
In regard to COVID-19 and general preventive measures, we feel it is important for UH System staff, faculty and students to:
- Always practice good hygiene: wash hands, cover coughs and sneezes, and avoid sharing food, cups or utensils.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Make sure to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands and avoid personal contact with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cleaning recommendations can be found here.
- Get a flu shot.
- Recognize the symptoms of this illness which may include a high fever, cough, difficulty breathing, similar to what you may feel with the flu or a bad cold.
- Seek care and immediately notify the University Student Health Center or your health care provider if you are experiencing these symptoms.
- Stay home when you are sick.
For additional information about Coronavirus, including signs and symptoms, transmission and risk of exposure, and what to do if you are exhibiting symptoms, please refer to the links below. The CDC’s website and Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) will also issue guidance for those planning to travel or who have recently returned.
Federal and State:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (CDC)
- Texas Department of Health and Human Services
- CDC Travel Notices
- Latest CDC Risk Assessment
- Latest CDC Transmission Information
- Current cases of Coronavirus in the U.S.
- S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- Live Global Monitoring: Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE