Texas Legislative Session
The 86th Legislature
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 (1st day) 86th Legislature convenes
- Upon the convening of the 86th Legislature, the comptroller of public accounts delivers the Biennial Revenue Estimate to the governor and the 86th Legislature
- Monday, January 14, 2019 LBB budget estimates delivered to the governor and the 86th Legislature
- Tuesday, January 15, 2019 LBB general appropriations bill delivered to the governor and the 86th Legislature
- Before the governor’s State of the State address to the 86th Legislature The governor delivers the governor’s budget to the 86th Legislature
- Friday, March 8, 2019 (60th day) Deadline for the unrestricted filing of bills and joint resolutions other than local bills, emergency appropriations, and emergency matters submitted by the governor
- Monday, May 27, 2019 (140th day) Last day of 86th Legislature
- Sunday, June 16, 2019 (20th day following final adjournment of 86th Legislature, Regular Session) Last day the governor may sign or veto bills passed during the regular session
- Monday, August 26, 2019 (91st day following final adjournment of 86th Legislature, Regular Session) Date that bills without specific effective dates, other than bills with immediate effect, become law.
Documents presented during this session can be found through the following links.