Search Committee for UHV President
Dear UHV Colleagues and Students,
I am pleased to announce the appointment of the Search Committee for the next University of Houston-Victoria President. This committee (list of members below) will be co-chaired by University of Houston System Regent Roger Welder and Dona Cornell, vice chancellor of legal affairs and general counsel, University of Houston System. They will be assisted by the search firm Wheless Partners. My expectation is that most of the committee’s work will be done during the spring semester with the hope of filling the position by fall 2018.
The UH-Victoria Presidential Search Committee's role is advisory in nature and is charged with (a) developing a strong and diverse pool of candidates (b) screening eligible applicants (c) inviting finalists for campus interviews and (d) providing its assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of each interviewee. I have asked the committee to seek your input in completing its task.
I request that you please help the committee develop a strong and diverse pool of candidates by nominating qualified individuals. I have asked the committee chairs to keep you informed about the process and respectfully request that you meet the candidates when invited to campus for interviews. Your input and guidance will help us find a leader who will continue to transform and elevate UHV and the UH System.
Thank you for your interest and engagement.
With warm regards,
Chancellor, University of Houston System
University of Houston-Victoria Presidential Search Committee Members:
- Roger Welder, Regent, UH System
- Dona Cornell, Vice Chancellor of Legal Affairs and General Counsel, UH System
- Alvaro De La Cruz, President, Student Government Association, UHV
- Estella De Los Santos, Professor of Mathematics Education, School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development, UHV
- Claud Jacobs, Partner, Lodestone Financial Services
- Janey Lack, Executive and Community Leader
- Fred Litton, Dean of School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development, UHV
- Diana Lopez, Associate Professor of Creative Writing, School of Arts & Sciences, UHV
- Camilla Sutton, Assistant Director of Residential Life and President, Staff Council, UHV
- Raymond Tucker, Assistant Professor of Kinesiology, School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development, UHV
- Joseph Ben Ur, Professor of Business, School of Business Administration and President, Faculty Senate, UHV
- Valerie Walden, Comptroller, Department of Finance, UHV
- Yu Wan, Professor Computer Information System, School of Arts & Sciences, UHV
- Jie Yang, Professor of Quantitative Management Science, School of Business Administration, UHV